That means that there will be a by-election, on the 9th March. The Liberal Democrat candidate for this is Marshel Amutharasan.
Marshel is the fresh start Roxbourne needs. He's lived in the area for over thirty years, and is a community and charity worker in the education sector. He's run music and language schools for underprivileged children for the past two decades.
His passion is regenerating the Roxbourne area and making it a better place to live for all the residents of the area.
In particular, his priorities are:
- Pressing for the re-opening of South Ruislip Recycling Centre — reducing fly-tipping and congestion.
- Abolishing the ineffective brown bin charges which are neither raising income nor encouraging recycling.
- Making it easier to contact Harrow Council.
- Improving local transport and parking
- Making the streets of Roxbourne safer - working with Safer Neighbourhood teams to reduce crime, and improving street lighting
- Better facilities for children in local parks